STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Let us help you be successful in college.
Learn more about us: Student Support Services Information Sheet.
The mission of the Northwestern SSS grant is to aid first-generation, low-income and students with disabilities be successful in college, to graduate and consider graduate school. Our purpose came from the belief that students, when provided with the support, resources, and information necessary for success, will have a greater chance of graduating. We aim to embody a holistic program that facilitates and customizes services that address the academic and non-academic needs of participants at each level of their college experience.
We work to ensure that our students persist in their enrollment, remain in good academic standing, and graduate. Otherwise, we help our students determine what being successful looks like on an individual basis. Our Project Advisors and student coaches work with our students on setting and achieving academic and personal goals. We also provide workshops and assistance in developing academic and professional skills so that our students come out of college ready to tackle the world!
Ryerson Hall 106, Northwestern – Alva
Ryerson Hall 107, Northwestern – Alva
You must be a US citizen(or eligible non-citizen) in need of academic support and you must meet one or more following requirements:
- First generation college student (neither parent has completed a four-year college degree)
- Income eligible
- Documented disability
- Academic advising
- Goal-setting and life-skills
- Graduate school planning and preparation
- Financial and economic literacy
- Financial aid and scholarship information
- Identification of alternative financial aid sources
- Assistance in completing financial aid applications
- Academic and university assistance
- Graduation preparation
- Referrals to campus and community resources
- Career exploration and planning
- Study skills planning
- Goal-setting exercises
Social and Cultural
- Museum tours
- Cultural experiences
- Graduate school visits