STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Let us help you be successful in college.
Learn more about us: Student Support Services Information Sheet.
The mission of Northwestern Oklahoma State University’s SSS office is to aid first-generation, low-income students and students with disabilities to become successful in college. We help them remain in good academic standing, to graduate with a degree, and to consider attending graduate school. Our purpose comes from the belief that when at-risk students are provided with extra support, resources, and information, they will have a greater chance of completing their degrees. To achieve this aim, the SSS staff, project advisors, and student coaches teach professional behavior, mentor students on an individual basis, and provide workshops to help them achieve their life goals. In all, we provide a holistic program that customizes services to address the academic and non-academic needs of participants at every level of the college experience.
Ryerson Hall 106, Northwestern – Alva
Ryerson Hall 107, Northwestern – Alva
Ryerson Hall 108, Northwestern – Alva
You must be a US citizen(or eligible non-citizen) in need of academic support and you must meet one or more following requirements:
- First generation college student (neither parent has completed a four-year college degree)
- Income eligible
- Documented disability
- Academic advising
- Goal-setting and life-skills
- Graduate school planning and preparation
- Financial and economic literacy
- Financial aid and scholarship information
- Identification of alternative financial aid sources
- Assistance in completing financial aid applications
- Academic and university assistance
- Graduation preparation
- Referrals to campus and community resources
- Career exploration and planning
- Study skills planning
- Goal-setting exercises
Social and Cultural
- Museum tours
- Cultural experiences
- Graduate school visits
Application documents available here:
- NWOSU SSS fillable application and income verification statement
- NWOSU SSS verification de ingresos (Espanol)
These can be completed on your computer. We take special care to protect your confidential information.
Email the completed documents to email@example.com.
Student Support Services is funded 100% annually through the U.S. Department of Education.
Meet Our SSS Peer Mentors
These mentors are upperclass students who are here to help with many differnent matters such as academics, financials, and resources along with the project advisor. These individuals are also SSS students and are here to be a strong support system as you pursue your goals.
Derrick Galindo, Sophomore
Mass Communication Major
Hayleigh Phillips, Sophomore
Jerika Coon, Senior
Elementary Education Major
Salat Ibrahim, Senior
Special Education Major