President's Leadership Class (PLC)
PRESIDENT'S LEADERSHIP CLASS SCHOLARSHIP FOR FRESHMEN
Incoming freshmen may apply for the President’s Leadership Class (PLC), the most accomplished, promising, and motivated students at Northwestern Oklahoma State University. PLC is designed to enhance your ability to lead effectively and foster a greater awareness of leadership roles in today’s society.
Interview finalists for the President’s Leadership Class will be able to enroll for fall semester classes early. If selected for the President's Leadership Class, the scholarship is for the freshman year only and will consist of a tuition scholarship of $2,750 and an all-expense paid trip to Boston with President Janet Cunningham and other PLC members.
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out the PLC application by March 9th, 2018, to be considered for a PLC interview.
- The PLC application can be completed using the online form OR by mailing in a typed hard copy application to Paige Fischer at the address listed at the bottom of this page.
- Send a seven-semester transcript and ACT or SAT scores. ACT or SAT scores listed by the school on the seven-semester transcript are acceptable.
- Applicants must meet all standards for admission to Northwestern Oklahoma State University.
- Include two letters of recommendation. One must be from a high school teacher, high school principal, high school counselor, or other faculty member or member of administration. The other letter should be from another person in your community such as a minister, family friend, employer, and so forth. The person writing the letter of recommendation should include his/her name, position, and relationship to you.
- All applicants should have a scholarship application on file at the NWOSU Financial Aid Office. The scholarship application should be on file prior to the PLC application deadline.
- Interview finalists will be notified by phone and/or mail in mid-March. Finalists must complete an interview on March 29th, March 30th, April 2nd, or April 3rd, 2018. Interview finalists may choose to do their interview on Northwestern's Alva campus in person or via Skype.
- Those receiving the President’s Leadership Class Scholarship will be notified in mid-April.
- All supporting application materials (if not submitted electronically) should be mailed to:
Northwestern Oklahoma State University
Office of Recruitment
709 Oklahoma Blvd.
Alva, OK 73717