President's Leadership Class (PLC)
PRESIDENT'S LEADERSHIP CLASS SCHOLARSHIP FOR FRESHMEN
Incoming freshmen may apply for the President’s Leadership Class (PLC), the most accomplished, promising, and motivated students at Northwestern Oklahoma State University. PLC is designed to enhance your ability to lead effectively and foster a greater awareness of leadership roles in today’s society.
Interview finalists for the President’s Leadership Class will be able to enroll for fall semester classes early. If selected for the President's Leadership Class, the scholarship is for the freshman year only and will consist of a tuition scholarship of $2,750 and an all-expense paid trip to Boston with President Janet Cunningham and other PLC members.
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out the PLC application by March 19, 2021 (postmarked by), to be considered for a PLC interview.
- The PLC application can be completed using the online form OR by mailing in a typed hard copy application to the address listed at the bottom of this page.
- Send a seven-semester transcript and ACT or SAT scores. ACT or SAT scores listed by the school on the seven-semester transcript are acceptable.
- Applicants must meet all standards for admission to Northwestern Oklahoma State University.
- Include two letters of recommendation. One must be from a high school teacher, high school principal, high school counselor, or other faculty member or member of administration. The other letter should be from another person in your community such as a minister, family friend, employer, and so forth. The person writing the letter of recommendation should include his/her name, position, and relationship to you.
- All applicants should have a scholarship application on file at the NWOSU Financial Aid Office. The scholarship application should be on file prior to the PLC application deadline.
- Interview finalists will be notified by phone and/or mail in mid-March. Finalists must complete an interview on April 1-2 or April 5-6, 2021. The interview schedule will be decided by the interview selection committee. Interview finalists may choose to do their interview on Northwestern's Alva campus in person or via Skype.
- Those receiving the President’s Leadership Class Scholarship will be notified in mid-April. The scholarship is for freshman year only and will consist of a tuition waiver of $2,750.
- All supporting application materials (if not submitted electronically) should be mailed to:
Northwestern Oklahoma State University
Office of Recruitment
709 Oklahoma Blvd.
Alva, OK 73717
- Students receiving the PLC Scholarship will receive written notification and a letter of commitment. The letter of commitment must be filled out to indicate the student’s intention of attending NWOSU and participating in the PLC. The letter must be signed and returned by May 7, 2021. After this date, the itinerary will be generated for the annual PLC trip to Boston.