School of Arts & Sciences
2019 Schedule of Events
Saturday, September 21, 2019
Saturday, October 19, 2019
Saturday, November 2, 2019
Regional: Denver BEST
What is BEST Robotics?
Boosting Engineering, Science & Technology
- Founded in Texas in 1993 by two engineers
- Student teams are guided by professional mentors and school coaches.
- BEST has expanded to ~900 participating schools and over 18,000 student participants in over a dozen states.
- Students have six weeks to design, develop, build and test a robot that can outperform their competitors.
- Each team receives identical kits of parts including items such as plywood, metal and plastic sheet stock, nuts, bolts, screws, tapes, glue, pvc pipe and fittings, motors and servos.
- Winning teams from each Hub compete at the Regional competitions. (Texas BEST, South’s BEST, Denver BEST)
Dr. Steve Maier, Hub Director
Dr. Jenny Sattler, Kit Committee Chair
Dr. Mary Riegel, Game Committee Chair
Dr. Tim Maharry, Sponsorship and Finance, BEST Award
Heartland BEST Committee: Dr. Cindy Pfeifer-Hill, Mr. Tom Boren, Dr. Roxie James, Mr. Keenan Meeker, Dr. Jennifer Page, Dr. Jason Wickham
BEST Robotics is launching a new registration system at the end of May 2019. We will update when the system becomes available. In the meantime if you have questions please feel free to reach out to a member of the Heartland BEST Team!
If you would like to participate with BEST Robotics, but Alva is further away than works for your school, consider competing with OK BEST in Oklahoma City. Information about OK BEST can be found at their website: www.OKBEST.org. You can also email John Robertson for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.