School of Arts & Sciences
2022 Schedule of Events
Sept. 1 - Kickoff
Oct. 15 (22) - Practice Day
Oct. 29 - GAME DAY!
What is BEST Robotics?
Boosting Engineering, Science & Technology
- Founded in Texas in 1993 by two engineers
- Student teams are guided by professional mentors and school coaches.
- BEST has expanded to ~900 participating schools and over 18,000 student participants in over a dozen states.
- Students have six weeks to design, develop, build and test a robot that can outperform their competitors.
- Each team receives identical kits of parts including items such as plywood, metal and plastic sheet stock, nuts, bolts, screws, tapes, glue, pvc pipe and fittings, motors and servos.
- Winning teams from each Hub compete at the Regional competitions. (Texas BEST, South’s BEST, Denver BEST)
Dr. Tim Maharry, Co-Director
Sponsorship and Finance, BEST Award
Dr. Mary Riegel, Co-Director
Game Committee Chair
Dr. Jenny Sattler, Co-Director
Kit Committee Chair
Heartland BEST Committee: Dr. Roxie James, Mr. Keenan Meeker, Dr. Jason Wickham, Mr. Taylor Dowling
Information regarding the current season can be found on the BEST Robotics website and through the BEST National Registry. If you have questions please feel free to reach out to a member of the Heartland BEST Team!
Heartland BEST 2022: top team(s) will advance to the Denver Regional competition at the Colorado School of Mines. This event will be held on December 3-4, 2022. Good Luck Heartland Teams!!!