School of Arts & Sciences
2022 Schedule of Events
What is BEST Robotics?
Boosting Engineering, Science & Technology
- Founded in Texas in 1993 by two engineers
- Student teams are guided by professional mentors and school coaches.
- BEST has expanded to ~900 participating schools and over 18,000 student participants in over a dozen states.
- Students have six weeks to design, develop, build and test a robot that can outperform their competitors.
- Each team receives identical kits of parts including items such as plywood, metal and plastic sheet stock, nuts, bolts, screws, tapes, glue, pvc pipe and fittings, motors and servos.
- Winning teams from each Hub compete at the Regional competitions. (Texas BEST, South’s BEST, Denver BEST)
Dr. Steve Maier, Hub Director
Dr. Jenny Sattler, Kit Committee Chair
Dr. Mary Riegel, Game Committee Chair
Dr. Tim Maharry, Sponsorship and Finance, BEST Award
Heartland BEST Committee: Mr. Tom Boren, Dr. Roxie James, Mr. Keenan Meeker, Dr. Jason Wickham
Information regarding the current season can be found on the BEST Robotics website and through the BEST National Registry. If you have questions please feel free to reach out to a member of the Heartland BEST Team!
Heartland BEST 2021: advancing to the Denver Regional competition are Burlington High School and Alva Robotics. This event will be held on December 11-12, 2021. Good Luck Heartland Teams!!!