(For best results, please fill out this form using the Google Chrome Browser.)
STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
Read the statements below. You must understand and agree to these statements to be considered for admission.
The deadlines for application for admission are:
Fall Semester -July 15
Spring Semester –December 10
- I must meet the academic admission requirements.
- Each application must be accompanied by a non-refundable application fee of $15.00.
- If English is not my native language, I must take either the TOEFL or IELTS English Proficiency exams within two years of applying and meet the following scores in order for undergraduate admittance: TOEFL: a minimum score of 61 for Undergraduate or 79 for Graduate; IELTS: A minimum score of 5.5 for Undergraduate or 6.5 for Graduate
- International students will not be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS exams under the following conditions: Undergraduate applicant has attended an accredited U.S. college or university and has passing grades and meet transfer admission requirements; Applicant has successfully completed the high school core requirements in a U.S. high school or is a graduate from a U.S. high school. Student is from a country in which the official language is English (requires letter of English Proficiency from high school).
- I must be eighteen (18) years of age by the time of enrollment.
- I understand that immunization records must be submitted and approved before I will receive an I-20.
- If requesting transfer to Northwestern from an institution within the U.S., I must be in status with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Any F-1 visa holder who has been out of school for a semester or has been attending as a part-time student must receive clearance from the USCIS prior to application.
- Official transcripts from all schools attended must be on file in the Registrar's Office before I enroll.
- I understand that a deposit of $8,000 will be required before being eligible to enroll. It is recommended that this deposit be made prior to leaving the country in order to avoid problems at the port of entry into the United States. I also understand that the $8,000 will be used towards my first semester's expenses at Northwestern but may not cover all expenses and does not cover books.
- If I cannot be at Northwestern Oklahoma State University on or before the date of arrival designated on the I-20 Form, I must postpone my admission until the next semester.
While Studying at NWOSU:
- As an F-1 visa holder, I am required to successfully complete a full course load each semester I am a student (undergraduate -12 hours; graduate -9 hours). U.S.C.I.S. does not require me to attend the summer session.
- As an F-1 visa holder, there are visa restrictions, which prohibit off-campus employment without an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) from U.S.C.I.S. Penalty for working without an EAD is deportation.
- As of April 1, 1997 the penalty for being out of status is more severe and includes being barred from the United States for aperiod of 3, 5, or 10 years depending on the length of noncompliance of status. I understand as an F-1 visa holder I must remain in status at all times for the duration of F-1 status.
- I understand that as a first time freshman student at Northwestern Oklahoma State University I will be required to live in the dorm for two (2) full academic semesters.
- Books are required for classes and costs are not included in tuition or fees. Books are also not covered in the $8000 deposit.
- I am aware that food service will not be provided during an official university vacation or holiday.
I hereby state under penalty of perjury under the laws of Oklahoma that the facts stated on this application for admission are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that I must provide the Registrar at Northwestern Oklahoma State University with official transcripts from ALL schools attended (high school transcripts must have date of graduation, class rank, and GPA listed; international university transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluation company). I understand that I may be ineligible for admission to or continuation at Northwestern for withholding or falsifying records or information concerning my enrollment in other schools.
Check this box as your electronic signature.