Blackboard Login Instructions
If you have previously saved Blackboard as a bookmark or a favorite in your browser, you will need to delete that bookmark/favorite and go through the login process as outlined below.
If you are new to Northwestern and have not logged into Self-Service yet, please do that before attempting to login to Blackboard.
2. Hover your mouse over "Resources" and click "Blackboard."
3. Along the right side of the resulting page, click the button for STUDENT BLACKBOARD ACCESS.
4. The resulting page will show a Microsoft 365 login page. If your account is listed, click it. If your account is not listed, click “Use another account.”
5. Use your full University email address as your username. Your password will be the same password that you use for your University email account and Self-Service. If you would like to reset your password, log into Self-Service, click your username in the upper right, then click “Change Password.” This will change your password for Blackboard, Self-Service, and your University email. Note: when your change your password in Self-Service, it may take up to 30 minutes for the password to update in Blackboard and email.
If you are using a lab computer or a shared computer, make sure you sign out when you are finished working in Blackboard.
6. If you get an error message similar to the following, you will need to clear your browser’s cache and cookies. Instructions below: