Northwestern Foundation & Alumni Association Launches GivingTuesday Campaign
November 7, 2023
Northwestern Foundation Release
ALVA, Okla. (November 7, 2023) – The Northwestern Foundation & Alumni Association launches its annual GivingTuesday campaign beginning Nov. 7 through Dec. 5.
“Your Gift, Their Future” – GivingTuesday 2023 – provides the online opportunity to invest in Northwestern students’ academic careers through scholarships. Northwestern has participated in GivingTuesday since 2015, and more than $469,790 in donations have been raised to support students in their academic journeys at Northwestern.
This year’s goal is to see 60 donors invest in Northwestern’s students. Making a gift toward a student’s education today can make a huge impact now and in the future.
“I am grateful for the opportunities to work at Northwestern and to meet and know our students,” said Skeeter Bird, CEO, Northwestern Foundation & Alumni Association. “Every year, I become more convinced that one of the best ways to secure a better collective future for all of us is by investing in their college education.”
Online gifts may be made at https://ournorthwestern.org/giving-tuesday, or gifts are accepted by check made payable to the Northwestern Foundation & Alumni Association and mailed to 709 Oklahoma Blvd., Alva, OK 73717.
Each gift will be added to the endowment of the donor’s choice. If no choice is made, the funds will go to Rangers Investing in Students and Education (RISE), the general endowed scholarship fund. For more information on RISE and annual giving, go to https://ournorthwestern.org/make-an-investment/current-projects/rise or call (580) 327-8593.
Because of the generosity of two donors, this year the Foundation can offer twice the matching opportunity for the scholarship campaign. Beginning on Tuesday, November 7, and continuing through Tuesday, December 5, two alums – Ida Evans and David Johnson – have each pledged a matching gift of $10,000 to their respective family scholarships for a total of $20,000 in matching funds.
How does this work?
- Every gift raised for Giving Tuesday will be matched 2:1, with a cap of $500 per donor. In other words, if a donor gives $500 to the scholarship fund of his/her choice, $1,000 will be given to the matching donors’ scholarships and will be counted in the campaign total. The matching gifts will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis until all of the matching funds are claimed. A gift – whatever the amount up to $500 – creates additional new funding for student scholarship support. This is a rare opportunity to exponentially increase Northwestern-endowed scholarship support.
- New this year…every first-time Northwestern donor will be entered into a drawing to have an additional $500 added to the Northwestern endowment of their choice.
Those who choose to invest during the GivingTuesday 2023 campaign are encouraged to follow the social media accounts and website of Northwestern Foundation & Alumni Association to stay informed on the progress.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/NWOSUAlumni
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/our_northwestern/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ournorthwestern