Student Nurses Association (SNA)
SNA is a student lead organization that focuses on community service and nursing health and education. Our organization tries to serve the community and benefit the health of the community in anway possible. Membership is open to both the BSN student and the DNP student.
The purpose of NWOSU SNA is:
- To assume responsibility for contributing to nursing education in order to provide for the highest quality health care:
- To provide programs representative of fundamental and current professional interest and concern, and
- To aid in the development of the whole person, his/her professional role, and his/her responsibility for the health care of people in all walks of life.
The Function of NWOSU SNA shall include the following:
- To have direct input into standards of nursing education and influence the education process:
- To influence health care, nursing education and practice through legislative activities as appropriate:
- To promote and encourage participation in community affairs and activities towards improved health care and the resolution of related social issues:
- To represent nursing students to the consumer, to institutions, and other organizations:
- To promote and encourage recruitment efforts, participation in student activities an educational opportunity regardless of person’s race, color, creed, sex, lifestyles, national origin, or economic status:
- To promote and encourage students’ participation in interdisciplinary activities, and
- To promote and encourage collaborative relationships with nursing and related health organizations.
Information on the national association is available at National Student Nurses Association.