Art Show entry deadline Feb. 20 for Northwestern students, employees, alumni
February 15, 2019
The ribbons are ready to be placed on the winning pieces entered into the 16th annual NWOSU Art Society Art Show. Entry forms are due Feb. 20 with art pieces to be delivered on Feb. 27. The show will run March 3-29 in the J.W. Martin Library-Alva.
Northwestern Oklahoma State University students, current and retired employees and alumni from all campus locations have 29 categories they may enter in the 16th annual NWOSU Art Society (NAS) Art Show, but the entry deadline of Feb. 20 is coming fast.
Entry forms and category descriptions are available online at www.nwosu.edu/art/nas-art-show.
Art pieces should be delivered to the J.W. Martin Library on the Alva campus on Feb. 27 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The annual show will take place in the library March 3-29 and is available for viewing when the library is open.
The Northwestern Student Government Association will co-sponsor the show again this year and has provided some of the funds needed for student prize money. Art Society members also have fundraisers to help pay for art show ribbons and additional prize money.
Two items may be entered in each of the following categories:
- Artisan Crafts (jewelry, pottery, etc.)
- Fiber Arts (crochet, knitting, needlework, etc.)
- Digital Art
- Mixed Media/Collage
- Paintings – Watercolor (any subject)
- Paintings – Animals/Creatures
- Paintings - Architecture
- Paintings - Elements of Design
- Paintings - The Figure/Portraiture
- Paintings - Landscapes/Nature
- Paintings - All other subject areas
- Works on Paper – Animals/Creature
- Works on Paper - Architecture
- Works on Paper - Elements of Design
- Works on Paper - The Figure/Portraiture
- Works on Paper - Landscapes/Nature
- Works on Paper - All other subject areas
- Photography will include 10 sub-categories:
- Black and White
- Elements of Design
- All other subject areas other than those listed
A Winner’s Show will take place in downtown Alva during the First Friday Art Walk April 5 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Runnymede Hotel.
For more information about the art show, please contact Angelia Case, NAS sponsor, at (580) 327-8577 or firstname.lastname@example.org.