- Captains are responsible for making sure you have players on your team that will follow the rules. Also the captains are responsible for reading these rules to his or her players.
- If you have any problems with officials or any appeals from a game they can be heard first, by the Director of Intramurals and then taken up with the Office of Student Affairs
-University employees are eligible to play
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 hrs of undergrad or 5 hrs of grad (1/2 time-student) each semester to be eligible to play.
- There will be a fee assessed to the manager if team forfeits games.
a. 1 forfeit - penalty is a warning
b. 2 forfeits - penalty is a $20 fine
c. 3 forfeits - penalty is another $20 fine
d. 4 forfeits - penalty is another $20 fine
e. 5 forfeits - team will not be allowed to play any more games for the duration of the season.
- Entry fee for team is $40. If your team captain attends the meeting your team will receive a $20 waiver. Your roster entry fee must be turned in before the first game. The entry fee will be paid at the Dean of Student Services office in F.A. 126. You can leave it with him or an assistant. If you do not pay you team fee your team will not play, and forfeit fees will be assessed.
- Team must be 10 minutes early to sign in. If you are not there early then the opposing team will be awarded 2 penalty free throws.
a. The first game you play you must bring your student ID or you can not play. There will be an official that will sign you in. After the first time you will just have to sign in, but you do not have to bring your ID.
- Games are two 20 minute halves with 5 minute halftime.
- Overtimes will be 3 minutes.
- Each team is allowed 3 timeouts for the entire game. Each timeout will be one minute long. In case of overtime there will be one timeout added to each team.
- Each team must have at least 4 players to play game.
- If player does not play for at least one game during the season he or she is not eligible to play during the tournament.
- A player must play for the first team he or she plays with. You cannot change teams at any point during the season.
- If team lets player who is already on another team play, then that team forfeits the game or games he or she has played.
- If someone wants to protest a game he or she must notify an official or Intramural Director within 24 hours after the game. If not the game will be counted.
- The schedule will not be changed in any way unless you give the Intramural Director 72 hours' notice, and if team does not show up then team will forfeit.
- If you are given a technical foul then you will be out for the rest of the game. If you receive a second technical foul during the season then you will ineligible to play any intramural sport until that next year's basketball season.
- There will be no tolerance for any arguing or fighting. If there is a fight the entire team is ineligible for the remainder of the sport.
- Ex-Athlete Rule - You are an ex-athlete if you have played or are currently playing Varsity or Junior Varsity Basketball any University at any time.*
a. 2016-2017 Active basketball red-shirts are also not eligible to play basketball.
b. If you are on the roster you are not eligible.
i. If asked about playing and you lie you will not be allowed to play intramural sports
for the rest of the semester.
c. Professional and ex-professional Athletes are also ineligible from playing.
d. No more than one ex-basketball per team will be permitted to play. Also if the team is going to play with multiple ex-players and take forfeits then no more than two will be allowed.
e. All other players on the team must sign a form saying that they are not an ex-athlete. If we find out this is not true then all games that person played in will be forfeits and that person may be removed from intramurals.