Have you received a class set of whiteboards in the mail free of charge???
Project Oklahoma Whiteboard is an initiative to promote active learning in the classroom by getting class sets of whiteboards in as many Oklahoma science classrooms as possible. By providing examples of their effective use, related resources and supporting research-based documentation, we hope classrooms across the state will welcome this versatile education tool.
At the beginning of the 2012-2013 academic year, the following were sent a set of 25 whiteboards (9" x 12") at no charge and with no obligation:
- 2011 & 2012 AAPT/PTRA NWOSU ToPPS Participants
- Active HS Physics Teachers in Oklahoma
Included with each shipment of whiteboards, teachers will receive
- Information on the AAPT/PTRA ToPPS Program at NWOSU
- AAPT application
- Physics First Informational packet
- AAPT calendar
- AAPT HS Physics photo contest poster
- Information on the AOK section of the AAPT (browse to www.nwosu.edu/AAPT)
- Example "best practice" activities to get started using whiteboards (via this website)
- A list of practitioner and research-based resources available on the web for using whiteboards in the classroom (via this website)