Transfer, Adult & Re-admission Students

Alva / Future Students / Transfer, Adult & Re-admission Students
| More

Transfer, Adults & Re-Admission Students Brochure

Contact the Transfer Office at or (580) 327-8606.

Below you will find admission information if you are transferring with or without an associate’s degree, with or without all general education requirements met, if you are a non-traditional student deciding that now is the time to seek a higher degree, if you’ve earned some college credits but just never finished, or if you’ve attended Northwestern in the past and would like to return.

Whatever your reasons for taking a look at what Northwestern Oklahoma State University has to offer, we hope you find what you’re looking for and will join the Ranger family.

ALL students, new and readmissions, are required to submit an immunization form. Some also may be required to submit Immunization Records and/or complete the Hepatitis B Statement (Immunization Policy).

Transfer Students

A student who has graduated from high school and has enrolled in a regular session at another college or university is considered a transfer student. If you have earned an associate’s degree from a two-year school and are moving on to complete a bachelor’s degree at a four-year institution, you also are a transfer student.


Students transferring to Northwestern from a two-year school are required to earn a minimum of 60 semester hours (excluding physical education activity courses) at a baccalaureate degree-granting institution to complete the requirements for a bachelor's degree.

Transfer Student Admission (7-24 hours)

Transfer students with 7-24 hours must submit a complete high school transcript or GED scores, ACT and/or SAT scores, and official transcripts from all colleges attended. Students may only enroll at our Alva or Woodward campus.

Transfer Student Admission (24 or more credit hours)

Transfer students with a college grade point average of 2.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale) will be admissible to Northwestern. Those with less than a 2.0 GPA will be admitted on academic probation.  High school transcript will not be needed if the student has completed college course work in the curricular areas required. Transfer students should send a completed application with $15 non-refundable application fee with official transcripts from all schools previously attended. If transferring with fewer than 24 credit hours earned, excluding PE activity and remedial hours, a high school transcript and ACT or SAT scores are also required.

Transfer Student Admission for Northwestern – Enid

Northwestern’s Enid campus provides upper division and graduate courses to students completing junior, senior and master’s level work.  To be eligible to transfer to Northwestern-Enid, students should previously complete the majority of the lower-division general education courses required for a baccalaureate degree at Northwestern.  In most cases, students with an Associate of Science or an Associate of Arts degree from an accredited institution will automatically meet the general education requirements.  A list of the 54 general education credits required is provided in the Undergraduate Catalog.  All other transfer requirements listed above apply.  For more information about transferring to Northwestern-Enid, contact Candace Reim at 580-213-3147 or

Adult Student Admission

Adult students, at least 21 years of age, qualify for admission under the Adult Admission criterion. An ACT or SAT score will be required in addition to a high school transcript or GED certificate and scores.  The composite scores on the ACT or SAT does not determine admission.  However, placement testing is required for scores below 19 on the ACT and 455 on the SAT.

Readmission Students

Northwestern Oklahoma State University encourages students who may have taken a few semesters off from school, or even those who have been out of school for several years, to return to complete their education. If you have attended classes at Northwestern in the past, you will need to fill out an Application for Readmission form.

Admission requirements
Readmission students must fill out an application for readmission.  There is no application fee.  Students must also submit official transcripts from all colleges attended since last attending Northwestern.  Students who previously attended Northwestern as a concurrent student also will need to submit a final high school transcript.

Admission Procedures
Once the readmission application has been submitted, a student may contact the Recruitment Office or an advisor to begin the advisement/enrollment process.

ReachHigher – Oklahoma’s Degree Completion Program

If you have earned a minimum of 72 credit hours, are at least 21 years of age and have not been enrolled as a full-time student for at least one year, you might consider applying for admission in the Reach Higher program to earn a degree in Organizational Leadership. To learn more about the program, visit their web site or contact Dr. Jerry Gustafson, professor of business. You also may contact Northwestern’s Office of Recruitment at 580-327-8546.