Staff Council Minutes 7-17-12

| More

Staff Council Minutes 7-17-12

NWOSU STAFF COUNCIL
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
July 17, 2012 at 9:00 a.m.

Present: David Washington, Charlie Burns, Erika Birk, Valarie Case, Natalie Miller, Angelia Case, Chauncey Durham, Stephanie Widick and Rachel Stewart.

New Staff Orientation

A date for New Staff Orientation has been set for Thursday, Aug. 9 beginning at 9 a.m.  Orientation will start in the Regents room that day and will end at 2 p.m.  A few members mentioned the importance of having a campus map in the packets.  It was suggested that LeRoy Burks have a copy of the map and to review it during his designated time slot.  Valarie also mentioned that Staff Council should take new staff to athletic facilities, including Percefull Fieldhouse, Ranger Field, Myers Stadium and the ARC, so they know where athletic events take place.  After New Staff Orientation, Natalie will send out an email with an evaluation so that we can make improvements if needed.

Campus Kudos

Erika will send out a campus wide email with the nomination form for Campus Kudos mid-August.

Softball Game

The Faculty/Staff softball game is tentatively set for Thursday, Oct. 4 at 5:30 p.m. at Myers Stadium.  Natalie will visit with Coach Bay regarding the facility.

Campus Clean Up

Campus Clean Up is set for Tuesday, April 23 with a Thursday, April 25 rain date.  Spring Reunion 2013 is scheduled for April 27.

Committee Vacancy

Sabrina Watson was elected to serve a one-year term on the committee; however, she will be leaving Northwestern.  As the next person with the most votes, Teri Warren will now serve on the committee.  Welcome, Teri!

Webinars

David tallied the results from the 23 who responded to the interest in attending a staff webinar.  Chosen topics include “Building Resiliency and Thriving Through Work Induced Stress” and “Burnt Out Or Just Plain Tired?  How to Tell the Difference.”  Valarie will work to set up a webinar at some point.

New Ideas

In a discussion about parking and designated parking lots, it was suggested to have parking lots name (A, B, C, D, etc.) to be able to easily direct off-campus personnel to a parking lot and have these locations reflected on the map.  In regards to maps, campus maps need to be updated at each kiosk location across campus.

There was no discussion of any further business. Meeting adjourned at 10:10 a.m.

 

No comments ()