Staff Council Committee
Minutes by Brooke Palmer, Secretary
January 24, 2014– 2:00 p.m.
Alva – IE129; Enid – 220; WW – 147
Call to order: 2:00 p.m.
Absent: Lauffer, Andrew; Miller, Natalie; Ogg, Jason Phillips, Linda; Washington, David
1. New staff orientation - The administration would like to offer two staff orientations, one for the fall semester and one for the spring. The council is looking at February 20, 2014 as a possible date for the spring new staff orientation. The administration has also suggested that faculty be invited to attend. Rachel will also check to see if the Ranger Perk room will be available for lunch.
2. Campus Kudos nominations - Rachel suggested picking a date and keeping it for each year in order to be more consistent. Rachel mentioned March 3 as a possible date, this way it comes before spring break.
3. Date for Campus Clean-Up Day - Suggested dates are Tuesday, April 22, and the rain day Wednesday, April 23. Chauncey will inform Dr. Mackie about our suggested dates and also notify the student group C.O.R.E. Rachel will contact the Physical Plant and other organizations.
4. Date for General Assembly - Chauncey asked if this could be moved to a later date in May, but David Pecha must be asked before any changes are made.
5. Other - The council would like to raise the idea of Denim Fridays. The council feels this would give the employees a morale boost and something to look forward to. Rachel will present this to David.
Adjourn: 2:26 p.m.
Sat, January 25, 2014
by Valarie Case filed under