The Higher Education Act (HEA) states that one of the purposes of the FWS program is “…to encourage students receiving Federal student financial assistance to participate in community service activities that will benefit the Nation and engender in the students a sense of social responsibility and commitment to the community.” At NWOSU seven percent of the federal work study allocations are designated toward community service.
The following postions on campus has been designated as community service positions:
- Government Doccuments Section in the J.W. Martin Library
- Project HELP (Hispanic Educational Language Program)
- KNSU Radio Station
- Community Bulletin Board Operator for NWTV
- America Reads through the School of Professional Studies
- NWOSU Museum
- America Counts through the school of Arts and Sciences
- Welness Center
- Alva Recreation Complex
For more information about the Federal Work Study program contact the NWOSU Financial Aid Office.