Seven science research posters were presented at NWOSU's Ranger Research Day on April 6, 2012. Two of the top three posters were authored by science students completing independent study projects here at NWOSU.
- "Electroencephalogram Changes Dependent on Sleep Deprivation" by Clay Reed (sponsor Dr. Cynthia Pfeifer-Hill)
- "The Effects of Participating in Visual Arts on the Cognitive and Social Development of Children" by Allison Reinart (sponsor Dr. Nancy Knous)
- "Electrooculogram (EOG) Comparative Analysis Between Diabetic and Non-Diabetic Readers" by Tiffany George (sponsor Dr. Cynthia Pfeifer-Hill)
Overall, nine science students presented (Tiffany George presented two separate posters) and two posters were co-authored with a science faculty member (Dr. Cornelia Mihai).
Clay Reed with his research sponsor, Dr. Cynthia Pfeifer-Hill (placing 1st)
Tiffany George with her research sponsor, Dr. Cynthia Pfeifer-Hill (placing 3rd)
Participating Science Students and Their Faculty Sponsors:
- Courtney Florence; Dr. Cornelia Mihai
- Tiffany George; Dr. Cynthia Pfeifer-Hill and Dr. Steve Maier
- Joe Martin; Dr. Cornelia Mihai
- Eric Pribil; Dr. Jason Wickham
- Chase Ratzlaff; Dr. Cornelia Mihai
- Clay Reed; Dr. Cynthia Pfeifer-Hill
- Wyatt Rice; Dr. Cornelia Mihai
- Carmen Sander; Dr. Cynthia Pfeifer-Hill
- Wade Schwerdtfeger; Dr. Cornelia Mihai
At top left: Wade Schwerdfeger, Joe Martin and Courtney Florence with sponsor Dr. Cornelia Mihai
At top right: Eric Pribil (sponsor Dr. Jason Wickham)
At bottom: Tiffany George with sponsor Dr. Steve Maier
The Department of Natural Science is extremely proud of the student and faculty involvement in undergraduate research. And, events like Ranger Research Day are an important way for all NWOSU students and faculty to showcase their work in a professional environment. We congratulate all of those participating in Ranger Research Day as well as Dr. Shawn Holliday for organizing the event.
Tue, April 10, 2012
by Steve Maier