Your instructor may give you the option of using the Remote Proctor Now system to take an online exam. Remote Proctor Now records the visual, audio and desktop aspects of your exam environment. Please take some time to review the information on this webpage prior to using the Remote Proctor Now system.
• You will need a web camera, microphone, and a sufficient internet connection (specifically, upload speed) to take exams using the Remote Proctor Now system. Note that dial-up internet will not be sufficient. While download speeds associated with satellite internet service providers are usually sufficient, upload speeds may not be. Use of satellite internet to take online exams is discouraged.
• You will need a PC running Windows Vista or higher (make sure to install any Windows updates), or a MAC running OSX 10.7 or higher.
• Flash player is required, and can be installed from http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer. (You can uncheck to install Google Chrome, it is not required.)
• Dual monitors are not supported. You must unplug the additional monitor to use the Remote Proctor Now system.
To run a quick system check, go to http://remoteproctor.com/rpinstall. This will ensure connectivity to your camera/microphone and an internet connection with sufficient upload speed.
The cost for using Remote Proctor Now is $15 per exam. You will be prompted to pay by credit card prior to taking your exam.
Guides and Walkthroughs
Remote Proctor Exam Taker Quick Guide
Video Tutorial for PC Users
Video Tutorial for MAC Users
Please take time to review the full exam policy before taking your Remote Proctored exam. Note that your instructor may make exceptions to, or otherwise modify, the exam policy.
• You will be required to establish your identity, following the procedures outlined in the Remote Proctor instructions.
• You will be required to have a quiet, secure, fully lighted room for the examination.
• No other people are allowed in the room with you.
• You must sit at a clean desk or table (not on a bed or a sofa).
• No talking or communicating with others by any means.
• No leaving the room, even if you take your computer with you. Your exam must be completed in the same room that your "Exam Environment View" was completed in. It should be noted that walking out of the view of the camera at any point during the exam process is considered a rules violation.
• Nothing except your computer and your camera and microphone may be on the desktop or tabletop. No books, papers, notebooks, or other materials unless specifically permitted by your instructor in the written guidelines.
• You are not allowed to use Excel, Word, PowerPoint, calculators, textbooks, notes, pen and paper, or websites other than the testing website unless specifically permitted by your instructor in the written guidelines.
• The camera must remain focused on the exam taker with a constant, uninterrupted and unobstructed view at all times.
• There must not be any writing on the desk or walls.
• No music playing.
• No other computers running in the exam room.
• No headphones or ear buds.
In general, you are encouraged to treat your personal exam space as if it were an on-campus exam location.
Remote Proctor Now has their own helpdesk for support of their product and services. If you have difficulty at any time using the Remote Proctor system, call their helpdesk at (800) 620-8739. Remote Proctor Now support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Note - this number is for students only. Faculty should use the email address provided to you for support.
Access Remote Proctor and Take Your Exam
When you are ready to take your Remote Proctored exam, click here to go to the Remote Proctor Now site and begin your exam.