- A copy of the official award document should be forwarded to the Office of Sponsored Programs, which will be forwarded to the appropriate Vice President and to the President.
- A copy of the proposal and line item budget and a copy of the invoicing requirements should be forwarded to the Office of Sponsored Programs.
- If budget revisions are necessary they should be made before the implementation of the grant. The Project Director is responsible for following all OMB circulars, federal laws, state laws and university guidelines.
- The Office of Sponsored Programs will forward an accounting procedure to the Project Director.
- The Project Director is responsible for the implementation of the project. Matters pertaining to facilities, faculty or staff should always have the approval of the appropriate Department Chair and Dean.
- The Project Director is also responsible for insuring the programmatic and fiscal compliance for the project.
NOTE: A GRANT IS AWARDED TO THE UNIVERSITY, NOT THE PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR. THE GRANTS OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE WILL HOLD COMPLIANCE OF EACH PROJECT.
All sponsored programs will adhere to the University procurement process. The Project Director will insure that:
- Proper purchasing procedures are followed;
- Products purchased are in compliance with university policy;
- Products purchased that require university service can be provided by university staff;
- All costs are reasonable and necessary for administration of the project;
- Costs adhere to the limitations established in the OMB circulars, federal laws, state laws and university guidelines, sponsoring agency requirements and in the agent agreement;
- Costs are documented as established in the OMB circulars, federal laws, state laws and university guidelines, sponsoring agency requirements and in the sponsoring agent agreement;
- Costs are incurred prior to the end of the contract/grant period; and
- All fiscal activity is complete within 30 days after ending date of the contract/grant.
Internal Reporting Requirements
The Project Director will be responsible for submitting to the OSP:
- Monthly summary report;
- Matching monthly detail report;
- Monthly time and effort report (The monthly reports should be submitted by the 10th of each month to the OSP, dean and vice presidents);
- Annual report (Also submitted to the OSP, dean and to the vice presidents);
- Final report - At the end of the grant period, the Project Director must submit a final narrative report and a final financial report to the OSP, dean and to the vice presidents.
Printer Friendly Version