Percefull Fieldhouse

Alva / Athletics / Men's Basketball / Percefull Fieldhouse
| More

RANGER ATHLETIC FACILITIES

 

Capacity: 2,100
Opened: 1953

Sports
» Men's Basketball
» Women's Basketball

Location
» On Campus

Percefull Fieldhouse also known as “The Pit” is a multipurpose facility located on the campus of Northwestern Oklahoma State University. Many University departments, student groups share the Fieldhouse. It is a cornerstone of activity for the University, Alva, and surrounding communities.

The Fieldhouse is home to NWOSU Men's Basketball, and Lady Ranger Basketball. The Fieldhouse was completed in 1953. The first game was played on November 24, 1953. The Fieldhouse was name after the later Sabine Percefull who the school president from 1942-1954.

The Fieldhouse hosts a variety of recreational sports activities, University calendar events including graduation, concerts, campus organization events, summer camps, and special events. Maximum building capacity is 2,100

 

A new state-of-the-art scoreboard with message center became a special feature at games at Percefull Fieldhouse starting in 2006-07.

 


Bixler Family Locker Room (Men' Basketball)

In August of 2007, the men’s basketball locker room renovation was complete. A generous donation from Bill and Charlene Bixler owners of ClayMesa Well Service Company led to the locker room improvements. Bill was a member of the NWOSU basketball team and is a 1970 graduate of Northwestern Oklahoma State University; he received his master’s degree in 1974.

               


Jane Hobbs McDermott Locker Room (Women's Basketball)

In the summer of 2008, the Rangers Women's Locker Room was renovated from funds contributed by Max and Jane McDermott and many family members and friends at the time of her retirement in 2005. Jane Hobbs McDermott participated in Northwestern Women's athletics from 1973-1975 where she was a member of the Ranger Women's Basketball and Track teams. She became the Executive Director of the Northwestern Foundation and Alumni Association in 1987 and served the University for nearly 20 years as director and board member. Jane recieved her Bacheor's amd Master's degrees from Northwestern. It has been a family tradition to support Ranger Athletics. Max, Jane, Dustin and Alyson consider it a privilege to wear the Red and Black.

     

     


 Experience The Excitement At Percefull Fieldhouse