Paying For College
PRESIDENT'S LEADERSHIP CLASS SCHOLARSHIP FOR FRESHMEN
Incoming freshmen may apply for the President’s Leadership Class (PLC), the most accomplished, promising and motivated students at Northwestern Oklahoma State University. PLC is designed to enhance your ability to effectively lead and foster a greater awareness of leadership roles in today’s society.
If selected to interview for the President’s Leadership Class you will be able to enroll for fall semester classes early. If selected for the class, the scholarship is for the freshman year only and will consist of a tuition scholarship of $2,750 and an all-expense paid trip to a major U.S. city with President Janet Cunningham and other PLC members.
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out the PLC application by March 7 to be considered for a PLC interview.
- Send a seven-semester transcript and ACT or SAT scores.
- Applicants must meet all standards for admission to Northwestern Oklahoma State University.
- Include two letters of recommendation. One must be from a high school teacher, high school principal, high school counselor or other faculty member or member of administration. The other letter should be from another person in your community such as a minister, family friend, employer and so forth. Letters of recommendation should include the person writing the recommendations name, position, and relationship to you.
- All applicants should have a scholarship application on file at the NWOSU Financial Aid Office. The scholarship application should be on file prior to the PLC application deadline.
- Finalists must attend an interview at Northwestern Oklahoma State University on March 30th, March 31st, April 3rd, or April 4th, 2017. If you are selected as a finalist, you will be notified by phone and/or mail in mid-March.
- Those receiving the President’s Leadership Class Scholarship will be notified in mid-April.
- All supporting application materials should be mailed to:
Northwestern Oklahoma State University
Office of Recruitment
709 Oklahoma Boulevard
Alva, Oklahoma 73717