Overview of Faculty Evaluation @ NWOSU
- Tenured faculty will be evaluated every three years in conjunction with tenure review. The Vice-President for Academic Affairs will notify tenured faculty when they are up for review.
- Non-Tenured faculty will be evaluated every fall semester and the evaluation should focus on the previous academic year. Faculty being considered for initial tenure should submit a portfolio based on all years at NWOSU. First-year faculty are exempt from submitting a portfolio, but will have student evaluations done in the fall.
- Faculty hired in the fall of 2005 or later are required to use LiveText for their faculty portfolio. Faculty hired before fall 2005 may use LiveText or may create a hard-copy portfolio.
1) Teaching/Instruction (40-75%)
2) Professional Development (5-25%)
3) Scholarly Activity (5-25%)
4) Institutional Involvement (5-25%)
5) Community Service (0-15%)
- Faculty will be evaluated using three sources:
1) department/division chair
2) peer faculty members
3) students (via online student evaluations from the fall semester)
- The timeline for the faculty evaluation process is as follows:
October 1st: Portfolios due to department/division chairs along with peer faculty selections and faculty-designated weight ranges
October-November: Peers and Department/Division chairs evaluate faculty portfolios. The Dept./Div. chair is responsible for getting the portfolios, the appropriate evaluation forms, and the faculty evaluation rubrics to evaluators.
December 1st: Completed evaluation forms and portfolios due to the appropriate Academic Dean. (chair responsible for collecting forms & portfolio)
December: Academic Deans compile information and add in student evaluation scores. The faculty evaluation summary sheet is filled out by the academic Dean.
January/February: Department/Division chairs meet with faculty to go over the evaluations and return portfolios.