Planning Assumptions are statements of projected institutional conditions important as a base for planning.
- Number of full-time faculty will remain constant.
- Demand for qualified adjunct faculty may increase with enrollment.
- The ability to recruit and retain qualified faculty will become more difficult in the current and future budget climate.
Grants and Fundraising
- Fundraising and grants will become more important to support vitality of the institution.
Curriculum and Instruction
- The University will remain committed to offering remedial education classes as required.
- The academic student profile will remain consistent over the next five years.
- Demand for online courses will increase (from student & faculty perspective).
- The need for additional course sections in General Education courses will increase.
- The number of students who attend NW will increase instead of opting for a more expensive education elsewhere.
- The University will be committed to serving students of varied academic backgrounds.
- Students will require additional support services and guidance to meet their academic goals.
- The University will continue to assess the need for on-campus housing.
- The mix of in-state/out-of-state will likely remain the same (80%/20% by 2015).
- NWOSU enrollment will remain near current levels by 2015.
- Online enrollment at Northwestern will continually grow over the next five years.
- Enrollment levels are dependent upon the continuance of the Alva Incentive program (scholarship program for first-time students living in Alva).
- Affordability will be a positive factor in recruitment.