What outfits will I need in order to compete in the Miss Northwestern Scholarship Pageant?
- Opening Outfit - This is to be announced; however, will possibly consist of a Northwestern t-shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes.
- Swimsuit - Swimsuit can be two-piece or one-piece. NO thongs will be allowed! The final "okay" will be given by the director.
- Talent - Gown or Costume
- Evening Gown
- Interview Outfit - For the day of the interview only. Wear an outfit that you would wear to a job interview.
Is there a list of items that I should have with me in my dressing room for the night of the pageant?
- Bring your own makeup
- Fresh Firm Grip/Medical Tape/Duct Tape
- Baby Wipes
- Hair brush, comb, hair pins
- Vitamins/aspirin/any prescribed medications needed
- Q-tips, cotton balls, Kleenex
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Safety Pins
- Power Strip
- Curling Iron/Hair Dryer/Flat Iron
- Hair Spray
- Personal Hygiene items
Be sure to label all of your items.
What will the judges be looking for in selecting the next Miss Northwestern?
The judges will be looking for someone who can fulfill the job description of Miss Northwestern and the potential next Miss Oklahoma:
- Highly Articulate
- Non-programmed, Fresh, and Approachable
- Able to Relate to Community Leaders and Elected Officials
- Must be Reflective of Women her age
- Have that "IT" quality that is hard to define
- Committed to her Platform
- Willing to promote and support the efforts of the Children's Miracle Network
- Mature enough to handle the job and the responsibilities
- Strong work ethic
- In good health
- Maintain grace and poise in crowds
- Compassionate towards children
- Manageable, Punctual
- PIZAZZ, PERSONALITY, PEOPLE SKILLS, PURPOSE
***The next Miss Northwestern will not have to be the "most" in any of these areas, but she must possess ALL of these qualities.