NAS Meeting Oct. 4, 2011
Attending: Kylea Copeland - vp, Dana Miller, Hanson Long, Erika Dorrell – treas, Megan Waters, Valarie, Brandice, Angelia.
• Discussion of face painting at Oct. 29 football game was discussed. At this time, plans are not to offer this service at the game.
• Zombie walk plans are tabled until Dana and Hanson meet with Castle Players. Topic will be revisited at the Tuesday, Oct. 11 meeting.
• Soccer Designs – please submit designs at Tuesday, Oct. 11 meeting. Should be as close to camera ready as possible. Designs will be given to Coach Barrows for consideration and approvals following this meeting.
• Art Society t-shirt designs – please submit designs at Tuesday, Oct. 11 meeting. Should be as close to camera ready as possible.
• Catalog Sales – we are now in the process of sales from the Tom-Wat catalog. Please pick up catalogs from Angelia, or from Valarie. Selling/Collection Deadline is Tuesday, Nov. 1. Each member has been challenged to sell at least 3 items! Group as a whole is challenged to sell more than $501. Past that number, the group will earn 40% of the funds collected from sales. (there are nice items in this catalog!) (next year … let’s work on having our OWN catalog from which to sell! )
• Friday’s Art Walk – please attend and enjoy the first ever First Friday Art Walk in downtown Alva. Locations participating are the Graceful Arts Center, 523 Barnes; FrameArt, 427 Barnes; Runnymede (Alva High School display), 4th & Flynn and the Sandwich Shoppe at 530 Flynn. Look at some great art and get some great food!
• Reminder to the group of the upcoming Thank-A-Thon (week after fall break).
• Please put these dates your calendars/planners: Nov. 4 – Animation Screening; Nov. 5 – Personally designed/made Christmas ornaments are due for NWFS auction; Goodie Giveaways on Nov. 21, Dec. 3, Jan. 12, Jan. 28, Feb. 2, Feb. 16). Saturday, Dec. 10 is the Santa Store/Santa photos….
Be ready for FUN at the Next meeting: Tuesday, Oct. 11, 7:15 p.m., Art Room JDA 327.
Posted on Tue, October 4, 2011
by Angelia Case filed under