Alva, Okla.

Alva
| More

Everything listed under: Newby Field

  • Former players invited to Newby memorial unveiling Saturday

    Athletes who played on Newby Field from 1930 to 1968 are invited to witness the unveiling of a marker identifying the former site of the field Nov. 13 at 10 a.m. A stone monument and bronze plaque will be dedicated just outside the north entrance of the J.R. Holder Wellness Center on the campus of Northwestern Oklahoma State University in Alva.

  • Memorial honoring Newby, Newby Field planned; Recognition committee seeks ideas, contributions

    Ranger football teams at Northwestern Oklahoma State University for 40 years battled their opponents on Newby Field on the southeast corner of campus. But Newby Field is no more. Northwestern gridmen moved their games in 1970 to more spacious and modern facilities at Ranger Field. Newby Field in time became the site of the J. R. Holder Wellness Center and a half dozen tennis courts.