Homecoming Band Activities
Dr. Marc Decker
Director of Bands, Assistant Professor of Fine Arts
Northwestern Oklahoma State University hosts a Homecoming parade at 10 a.m. on Saturday of Homecoming weekend. The NWOSU Homecoming Association invites bands to participate in this parade and awards first and second place trophies in six classes of competition as well as offering an open class for bands not interested in competing.
First place winners in each class will receive a $150 award and second place will receive a $100 award. In addition, each band participating in the parade will receive a donation of $75 to help defray expenses. Classifications are as follows:
- Class AAA - High School ADM of 246 or above (OSSAA class AAA or above)
- Class AA - High School ADM of 114-245 (OSSAA class AA)
- Class A - High School ADM of 61-113 (OSSAA class A with 61 or above ADM)
- Class B - High School ADM of 60 or less (OSSAA class A with 60 or less ADM)
- Jr. High Class B - Junior High/Middle School band from OSSAA class 7-A, 8-A, 9-A Jr. High Class A - All other
- Junior High/Middle School bands
Open - Any band participating on a non-competition basis.
We also invite bands to participate in activities on the square in downtown Alva by performing a 15-minute "mini-concert" at the courthouse bandstand immediately following the parade.
All band members and chaperons are invited to attend the 3:00 p.m. homecoming football game against Southeastern Oklahoma State University. In addition, we hope your band will perform Y.M.C.A. in the massed band this year. The massed band rehearsal will begin around 12:15 p.m. Lunch will be provided for those playing in the massed band at 1:00 p.m.
For more information contact Dr. Marc Decker, assistant professor of Fine Arts, director of bands at (580) 327-8191 or email@example.com