Northwestern High School Juried Art Exhibition
Works of art by area high school students will be on display in the university library beginning Friday, February 10th, 2012. The show will run for one week.
This exhibition is open to students enrolled in grades 9-12 in any public or private high school.
Two-Dimensional artwork (painting, drawing, photography, collage, etc.) and three-dimensional artwork (sculpture, textile work, assemblage) is eligible for entry.
Artwork will be considered for exhibition by a jury of two faculty members on the staff of the Studio Art program at Northwestern. Work will be judged on both formal and conceptual qualities. Artwork must be the student's own; no "fan" artwork will be accepted. The work must be original and not a copy or manipulation of an existing published work.
About the jurors
- Friday, October 28th: Students and teachers may begin submitting work electronically or by mail.
- Monday, January 23rd: Last day to submit work electronically or by mail.
- Friday, January 27th: All students and teachers notified of acceptance by this date.
- Friday, February 3rd: Work must have arrived on NWOSU Campus
- Friday, February 10th: Opening reception for exhibiting artists and their guests, Northwestern Library, 7:00-8:00 PM
- Friday, February 17th: Exhibition closes.
- Monday, February 20th: Work will be picked up or shipped back to the artists. Any artwork remaining on campus after February 27th, 2012 will become the permanent property of the NWOSU Studio Art Program.
Shipping of Artwork:
Artwork may be picked up or dropped off in person during school hours. Artwork may also be shipped. Shipping and return shipping are the responsibility of the individual exhibitor. If shipping artwork, please ensure packaging is sturdy enough for a return trip. Please also include a pre-paid shipping label. You may ship via USPS, Fed-Ex, or UPS.
By agreeing to exhibit artwork in the NWOSU High School Juried Art Exhibition, artists agree to grant consent for the public display of the artwork and release the NWOSU Studio Art Program (and its staff) from all liability for damage, loss, or misappropriation.
Students or teachers wishing to drop off accepted work should contact Brandice Guerra, Director of Studio Art at email@example.com