Fifteen outstanding high school seniors have been selected to participate in the 2014-2015 President’s Leadership Class (PLC) during their freshman year at Northwestern Oklahoma State University.
The PLC is a leadership development program led by Dr. Janet Cunningham, university president. The program seeks to develop leadership skills in students who have compiled exemplary records of academic success and participation in high school activities. Graduates of the program are expected to assume leadership roles on campus during their time at Northwestern.
Selection to the PLC is through a competitive process including applications, letter of recommendation and an on-campus interview.
Students selected for the President’s Leadership Class are:
• Rachel Carter – Alva High School
• Blake DeMond – Broken Arrow High School
• Audrey Estes – Jenks High School
• Cecely Franz – La Junta (Colo.) High School
• Kevin Harkins – Omaha South (Neb.) High School
• Jacob Henderson – Timberlake High School
• Micah Kee – Woodward High School
• Katherine Kuhlmann – Ponca City High School
• Katie Lackey – Ardmore Plainview High School
• Brianna Louthan – Alva High School
• Morgan Marks – Seiling High School
• Coleman Osborn – Beaver High School
• Drew Slovak – Westmoore High School
• Carter Stewart – Burlington High School
• Trista Watson – Turpin High School.
The program was established in 2001 with assistance from the President’s Association. Members each year participate in leadership activities and assist the president and her staff in hosting dignitaries on campus and in selected recruitment activities. Members of the PLC will begin their experiences on July 25 with a four-day trip to Boston, Mass.
For more information regarding the program please contact Calleb Mosburg, dean of student affairs and enrollment management, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (580) 327-8415.
Thu, May 22, 2014
by Haley Smith filed under