Employees at Northwestern Oklahoma State University were honored during the 10th annual Employee Service Recognition Ceremony last week. Ceremonies were held in Alva and Enid to honor all employees who work at the Alva, Enid and Woodward campus locations.
Dr. Kylene Rehder, LCSW, assistant professor of social work and chair, received the John Barton Distinguished Teaching and Service Award during the annual ceremony. Nominations are made by faculty, staff and students, and the recipient is determined by a selection committee.
Frank Granados, lead custodian, was selected as the Thelma Crouch Staff Employee of the Year Award winner. This award was established to recognize exceptional performance and/or service by a member of the Northwestern staff. The recipient of this award shows dedication to Northwestern and its students.
Employees who were honored by their years of service are listed by name and job title below.
- Five-year service recognition: Ryan Bay, head baseball coach; Frank Granados, lead custodian; Shane Hansen, director of students and housing; Dr. Steven Mackie, associate professor of education, Northwestern-Enid; Calleb Mosburg, dean of student affairs and enrollment management; Pete Nesserella, academic adviser for Upward Bound math and science program; Jaunita Noble, Upward Bound director; Jason Ogg, library patron services assistant, Northwestern-Enid; Kirk Rogers, instructor of criminal justice; Tara Sander, institutional research specialist; Dr. Jason Wickham, assistant professor of chemistry; and Shelly Wingo, Bill Johnson Correctional Center program assistant, Northwestern-Alva.
- 10-year service recognition: J.W. Platt, instructor of history, and Christie Riley, instructor of education.
- 15-year service recognition: Tamara Brown, assistant professor of speech; Dr. Jerry Gustafson, professor of business, Northwestern-Enid; Dr. Tim Maharry, professor of mathematics; Jennifer Mahieu, instructor of nursing; Dr. Steven Maier, associate professor of physics and chair of department of natural science; Michael Moffatt, groundskeeper.
- 20-year service recognition: Dr. Kay Decker, professor of sociology and chair of department of social sciences, and Dr. Martie Young, professor of education, Northwestern-Enid.
- 25-year service recognition: Dr. James Gilchrist, professor of agriculture; Diane Penner, UDS/records coordinator; Joe Phillips, Upward Bound project coordinator; and Bill Seevers, maintenance.
- 30-year service recognition: Dr. Mike Knedler, dean of the School of Arts and Sciences.
Tue, November 26, 2013
by Haley Smith filed under