November 22, 2011
John Barton presented Dr. Steven Maier (left) with the John Barton Distinguished Teaching and Service Award last week.
Linda Phillips (right) stands with Thelma Crouch as she was honored with the Thelma Crouch Staff Employee of the Year Award. Phillips also received recognition for working at Northwestern for 15 years.
Employees at Northwestern Oklahoma State University were honored during the eighth annual Faculty/Staff Service Recognition Ceremony last week. Ceremonies were held at Alva and Enid locations.
Dr. Steven Maier, associate professor of physics, received the John Barton Distinguished Teaching and Service Award during the annual ceremony. Nominations are made by faculty, staff and students and the recipient is determined by a selection committee.
Linda Phillips, Northwestern-Woodward administrative assistant, was selected as the Thelma Crouch Staff Employee of the Year Award winner. This award was established to recognize exceptional performance and/or service by a member of the Northwestern staff. The recipient of this award shows dedication to Northwestern and its students.
(from left, front row) Dr. Aaron Mason, Carmen Eicken, Dr. Carole McKenzie, Ronnie Rhodes and Lisa Zarrella, (back row) Debbie Ackerman, Mark Bagley, Rhonda Cook and Jesse Schroeder received recognition for working at Northwestern for five years. Matt Adair was unavailable for the photo.
Employees working at Northwestern for 10 years include (from left, front row) Leeta Grimsley, Debra Hogan, Fawn Kingcade, Marietta Washington, (back row) Marjie Bagley, Pam Davidson, Monty Herren and Shawna Bivin (not pictured).
Employees who were honored by their years of service are listed by name and job title below.
• Five year service recognition: Debbie Ackerman, payroll clerk; Matt Adair, director of recruitment; Mark Bagley, instructor of computer science; Rhonda Cook, instructor of health and sports science; Carmen Eicken, assistant director of financial aid; Dr. Aaron Mason, associate professor of political science; Dr. Carole McKenzie, professor of nursing and chair; Dr. Mary Ellen Nutter, assistant professor of education; Ronnie Rhodes, maintenance; Jesse Schroeder, instructor of mass communications; and Lisa Zarrella, library assistant.
• 10 year service recognition: Marjie Bagley, payroll accountant; Shawna Bivin, J.R. Holder Wellness Center director; Pamela Davidson, government documents technician; Leeta Grimsley, assistant director/systems specialist; Monty Herren, maintenance; Debra Hogan, instructor of computer science; Fawn Kingcade, assistant bursar; and Marietta Washington, custodial supervisor.
• 15 year service recognition: Doug Chaffin, maintenance; Dr. Deena Fisher, Northwestern-Woodward dean; Denna Perigo, assistant director of financial aid; Linda Phillips, Northwestern-Woodward administrative assistant; Craig Ricke, information technology director; and Steve Valencia, associate vice president of university relations.
• 20 year service recognition: Dr. Nancy Knous, professor of psychology; David Pecha, vice president for administration; Lizabeth Richey, Northwestern Alumni Association director; and Debbie Skinner, executive vice president’s administrative assistant.
• 25 year service recognition: Tami Cooper, comptroller, and Cindy Rich, research/instructional services librarian.
• 30 year service recognition: Joyce Garvie, human resources director; Kathy Koch, technical services technician; and David Washington, carpenter/set-ups.
Posted on Tue, November 22, 2011
by Erika Birk filed under