A free seminar on leadership traits of successful entrepreneurs will originate from Northwestern Oklahoma State University-Enid on Thursday, Feb. 19, from 12:30 – 7:30 p.m., and on Friday, Feb. 20, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Diverse entrepreneur and leadership experts will be speaking from Northwestern-Enid, located at 2929 E. Randolph, room 218, over the course of the two-day seminar.
Each presentation will be sent via ITV to Northwestern-Alva’s Industrial Education building, room 131; Northwestern-Woodward, 147; and the University Center in Ponca City, 135. This seminar is open to the public.
Northwestern students may receive three hours of course credit by attending the two-day seminar and completing outside work, attendance at the Enid campus is required. To receive course credit students must enroll in the General Business course 4423 by Feb. 18 at 5 p.m.
Special speakers Dr. Tony Woodlief, executive vice president of State Policy Network and Stan Clark, founder and owner of Eskimo Joes, plan to lead sessions on different topics.
Dr. Jerry Gustafson, professor of business, will provide the introduction at 12:30 p.m. on Thursday. The rest of the schedule for Thursday is as follows with time, presenter, company name and title
· 12:30 – 1:15 p.m., Woodlief, State Policy Network, executive vice president.
· 1:15 – 2 p.m., Betty Brinley, The Arbors Assisted Living Center, owner.
· 2 – 2:45 p.m., Jessica Andrew, Downtown Kitchen Store, owner.
· 2:45 – 3:30 p.m., Cory Moore, Security National Bank, vice president of commercial lending.
· 3:30 – 4:15 p.m., Stephanie Randolph, Cherry Berry of Enid, general manager and partial owner.
· 4:15 – 5 p.m., Leonard Northcutt, Northcutt Chevrolet and Buick, owner.
· 5 – 5:45 p.m., Curtis Tucker, Enid Buzz, owner.
· 6 – 7:30 p.m., Dr. Craig Watters, Oklahoma State University, entrepreneurship and interim director of the Riata Center. This dinner presentation is by invitation only.
Friday’s schedule with time, presenter, company name and topic is as follows:
· 9 – 10 a.m., Stan Clark, Eskimo Joes, owner.
· 10 – 11 a.m., Paula Nightengale, Park Avenue Thrift, co-owner
· 11 a.m. – noon, Aaron Brownlee, Wymer Brownlee, president and chief operating officer.
· Noon – 1 p.m., networking lunch.
· 1 – 1:45 p.m., Greg Hodgen, Groendyke Transport, Inc., president.
· 1:45 – 2:30 p.m., Denita Francisco, Advance-Pierre Foods, logistics coordinator
· 2:30 – 3:15 p.m., Cara Carson and Brian Gaddy, Autry Technology Center, self employment coordinator and center for business development coordinator, respectively.
· 3:15 – 4 p.m., Woodlief.
To make a reservation for the seminar, contact Katie Botts, Northwestern-Enid administrative assistant and event and facility coordinator, at (580) 213-3101 or email@example.com.
This learning experience is made possible by a grant from the Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation, Paul and Joan Allen, Lew and Myra Ward and the generosity of many other local corporate sponsors.