Educational Benefits

| More

To claim VA Educational Benefits the following forms and paperwork will be needed

New Students:

1. Application for Educational Benefits (see forms in Helpful Veteran Affairs Link)

2. DD 214 or Letter of Eligibility (Your unit secretary can get you this information)

3. Schedule of classes

4. ALL transcripts (if you have previous college credits) should be turned in to Registrar's Office (Herod Hall) so they can be promptly evaluated.

5. It is your option to have your military experience evaluated for military credit. To have your experience evaluated contact Sheri Lehr in the Registrar Office, Herod Hall, (580) 327-8550. You will need to provide the following:
(A) Official Military Transcript - Information on obtaining a transcript can be found at
(B) DD 214

6. If you have a medical disability contact:
        Suzanne Resler
        Vocational Rehabilitation
        Shockley Hall (580) 327-1214.

 Transfer Students:

1. Complete Request for Change of Program or Place of Training Form (see forms in Helpful Veteran Affairs Links).

2. All transcripts need to be turned in to the Registrar's Office (Herod Hall) so they can be promptly evaluated.

3. Schedule of classes.

All Students:

1. You must contact the VA Office each semester after you enroll. Your classes will not be certified until you contact the VA Office.

2. You must report any changes, drops, adds, resignations, program changes as soon as they are made. (VA requires reporting of all changes within thirty (30) days)

3. If you are concurrently enrolled at another university, please notify us so we can contact the other school and coordinate your VA paperwork.

4. It is to your benefit to turn in all the required paperwork (including transcripts) as soon as possible. This will speed up the certification process and you will receive your VA benefits sooner.