Local Chapter History
The Delta Omicron Chapter first appeared in the Northwestern Oklahoma State University yearbook in 1902 as the Shakespeare Club. Then in 1916, the Shakespeare Club joined the Delta Sigma Epsilon national sorority. DSE is a sorority for state teacher's colleges - founded at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio; same as the Delta Zeta Sorority.
Then, in 1956 DSE National merged with Delta Zeta National. The Delta Omicron Chapter was a very active chapter until the 1980's, when the charter was given back in the late 80's and was off campus until last summer when the chapter was reinstalled.
Delta Zeta Delta was formed in November 2001. DZD petitioned for a charter at the National Delta Zeta Convention of 2002, it was granted in February 2003, and the chapter was installed in the June 2003. Since that time, the Delta Omicron Chapter of Delta Zeta has became very active on campus, recruiting quality girls and living up to the legend that is Delta Zeta!
Delta Zeta was founded on October 24, 1902, by these six women: Julia Bishop, Anne Simmons, Anna Keen, Alfa Lloyd, Mabelle Minton, and Mary Collins. It was the first national sorority established at Miami University, Oxford, Ohio.
The founders of Delta Zeta believed that women share a common bond. These sisters worked together to make their dreams of sisterhood a reality for fellow female students and future Delta Zetas. When Delta Zeta began, no one for sure knew how Delta Zeta would be accepted, but through the years, Delta Zeta has grown to be one of the largest sororities in the world with over 165 collegiate chapters and over 250 alumnae chapters. Creating a great future and many legacies to fellow!