Article I. Name
The name of the organization shall be Chem
Article II. Objectives of the
The objectives of the organization shall
- To give the chemistry
student, or anyone else that would want to join, an opportunity to see the world
- To promote exchange between
students studying chemistry and the chemical sciences.
- To strengthen the confidence
of the students in themselves and in their work by developing competencies
in communications, human relations, and other social abilities leading to
the intelligent choice of a career and successful employment in any field
including the chemical industry.
- To provide programs and
activities which will develop responsibility, leadership, organization,
- To provide outreach to the
community and university through volunteer projects, demonstrations for
local elementary and secondary schools, seminars, and other learning
- To provide field trips to
places of employment for chemists to establish possibilities of employment
for future chemists.
NWOSU Chem Club is the organization of, by, and for
students enrolled in chemistry courses and anyone else who wants to be involved
in the activities of the Chem Club.
Membership in the Chem Club shall be for one school
calendar year (August to May).
To become a member and retain membership, a student
- While in school, be enrolled
in at least one course during the school year at Northwestern Oklahoma State
University and/or follow a planned course of study.
- Show an interest in the affairs of
the organization by attending meetings and participating in other
organized activities of the club.
- Pay all current membership dues by
the date determined by the club.
- Display conduct consistent with the
ideals and purposes of the Chem Club.
Article V. Club
Officers serve a vital function in the Chem Club. By taking a
major leadership role, these students grow from the experience and benefit the
club. It should be the officers' goal to lead by example and encourage other
members to participate in club/campus activities. The offices of the Chem Club
shall be: President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary/Reporter. Club
officers shall be elected annually by the members present at any regular meeting
of the chapter. The following are general duties expected of all
- A genuine desire to be a part of a
- A willingness to accept
- A sincere desire to work with all
club members in meeting their leadership, career, and personal
- A commitment to lead by
- A knowledge and understanding of the
Specific Duties for Each Office:
- Preside over meetings
according to rules of parliamentary procedure.
- Coordinate the activities of
- Prepare the agenda for each
- Represent the chapter in
public relations and official functions.
- Assume all duties of the president
- Work closely with the president and
advisor to assess progress toward meeting club
- Post upcoming activities for
the club and announce them at meetings.
- Receive, record and deposit funds
and issue receipts.
- Collect dues and special
- Present monthly treasurer's reports
at club meetings.
- Maintain a neat and accurate
- Maintain a neat and accurate
- Prepare and present the
minutes of each club meeting.
- Maintain member attendance and
- Release news and information to
campus news media.
- Take photos of club activities for
Chem Club Scrapbook.
- Supervise club activities
- Inform prospective students about
the Chem Club.
- Instruct students in leadership and
- Build school and community support
for the program.
- Encourage involvement of all club
members in activities.
- Provide continuity to the group and
be available as a resource.
- Be familiar with the NWOSU policies
- Provide the club with information
needed to reach organizational goals.
- Attend meetings sponsored by the
- Assist with accounting procedures and
- Be available as a facilitator and
resource person for the group.
- Sign all requisitions or checks for
The current president or
sponsor shall set meetings for the Chem Club. The current president of the Chem
Club will conduct the meetings.
Annual membership dues of
the Chem Club shall be established by the sponsor and/or governing body. The
membership year of the Chem Club shall be from August 15 to May 15.
The Chem Club governing body
must submit proposed amendments to the Chem Club Constitution in writing to the
organization for review.