Campus Resources

| More


Campus Resources


Sexual harassment and sexual violence can be emotionally disruptive, and it takes time to come to terms with such major stress.  In addition to support that may be found in family and friends, the following agencies and departments can serve as resources.

It is important to be aware that different individuals who one may contact for assistance following an incident may have different responsibilities regarding confidentiality depending on their position.  Under state law, some individuals can assure the victim confidentiality, including counselors and certified victim’s advocates.  In general, however, any other university employee cannot guarantee complete confidentiality, unless specifically provided by law.  Universities must balance the needs of the individual victim with an obligation to protect the safety and well-being of the community at large.  See Reporting for more information.

NWOSU Victim Advocate – Confidential Reporting Option
    NWOSU’s Victim Advocate that can confidentially provide students with information about on and off     campus resources available to victims.

Karmen Thomas – Northwest Domestic Crisis Services 580-327-6648 (After 5 p.m. weekdays and on the weekends 888-256-1215).

Counseling Resources – Confidential Reporting Options

NWOSU Counseling Services – Fine Arts Building, Room 207, 580-327-8439.

A counselor is available 24-hours a day.  Call NWOSU Campus Police at 580-327-8511 to reach the on-call counselor after 5 p.m. weekdays and on the weekends.

Other Local Services Available To Victims – Nonconfidential Reporting Options

NWOSU Campus Police Department (Alva) – Student Center Building, 580-327-8511

NWOSU Campus Police Department (Enid) – Located in the campus building, 580-327-2121

Alva Police Department – 415 4th St. Ste. A, 580-327-2064

Woodward Police Department – 1219 8th St., 580-254-8518

Enid Police Department – 301 W Owen K Garriott Rd, 580-242-7000

Title IX Coordinator – Fine Arts Building, Room 126, 580-327-8415

Medical Services
It’s important to have a thorough medical examination after a sexual assault even if you do not have any apparent physical injuries.  Medical providers can treat any injuries and provide tests for sexually transmitted diseases. 

Share Medical Center (Alva) – 800 Share Drive, 580-327-2800

Integris Bass Baptist (Enid) – 600 S. Monroe Street, 580-233-2300

Woodward Regional Hospital (Woodward) – 900 17th Street, 580-254-8406

Additional Information on resources as well as educational information on sexual violence prevention can be found at

Also, reference for more information and resources.

Title IX Coordinator
Anyone can report instances of sexual harassment and sexual violence to the Title IX Coordinator in the Fine Arts Building, Room 126 or at 580-327-8415.  A complaint should be filed as soon as possible, preferably within 180 calendar days of the incident.  A complaint can be filed online at or in person in the Fine Arts Building, Room 126.

The university strongly encourages individuals to report any instances of sexual harassment and sexual violence to the police.

Information from Oklahoma State University website,