Northwestern Business Incubator
What IS a "business incubator"? It is an entity that fosters the entrepreneurial process and offers assistance to increase survival rates for innovative startup companies or expanding firms.
Serving northwest Oklahoma, the NWOSU Business Incubator provides an entrepreneurial environment and quality resources in a university setting conducive for business start up, growth, and expansion. Our business incubator program also enhances rural economic development initiatives in the region.
Certified by the Oklahoma Department of Commerce, we offer assistance in the following areas:
- Affordable university office space with flexible lease
- Consulting on business plans, market analysis, marketing plans, accounting, and human resource management
- Access to university IT and technical-support services
- Use of conference room and training room
- Incubator office equipment such as computer, fax, scanner, copier, and telephone
- Access to university print shop, bookstore, and other campus resources
- High-speed Internet access
Located in Shockley Hall on the Alva campus, the NWOSU Business Incubator enhances rural economic development by offering professional consulting and physical resources to aid entrepreneurs and small business owners. Each client who enters the business incubator program meets with expert staff to meet their business needs during incubation. Our strategy is to foster successful development and expansion of firms by providing a rich setting with concentrated opportunities in business development, retention, and expansion through good business practices.
Contact Information: Dr. Patti Wilber, Associate Dean for Economic Development
Phone: 580-327-8506 or Email: email@example.com.
State Incubator Resource: Oklahoma Department of Commerce
General Business Incubation: Presentation provided by the National Business Incubator Association