October 19, 2009
The Northwestern Oklahoma State University Art Society is teaming up with the Homecoming Committee to bring a free bicycle decorating contest to the children of the area for Saturday’s Homecoming parade, which begins at 10 a.m.
There will be three age groups – children ages 5 to 7 (must be accompanied by an adult), 8 to 11 and 12 to 14 – eligible for prizes made possible by the Homecoming Committee. Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. in the Marshall Funeral Home parking lot with judging taking place at 9 a.m. Anyone coming late will not be judged or eligible for prizes, but may ride in the parade. Winners will receive their prizes following judging and will be publicly announced at the bandstand stage after the parade.
Registration forms signed by a parent or guardian are required and must be turned in during registration. The forms are available online at www.nwosu.edu/art. Forms also will be available at registration.
Rules for the contest are as follows:
1. For prizes, judges will look most at those entries that use the theme of “A Century of Ranger Pride,” and use of red and black, creativity and originality.
2. Costumes may be worn but must not interfere with rider’s vision (all must be appropriate for family atmosphere).
3. Decorations must be completed before arrival to parade, and attached firmly.
4. Decorations must not interfere with safe operation of the bike.
5. Bikes can be two or three wheels (training wheels are permitted). No motorized bikes/cars are permitted for this contest.
6. Bikes must be in safe, operating condition.
7. Bike riders must wear bicycle helmets at all times. Other safety equipment is optional. All equipment is to be provided from home.
8. Entrants must ride their bike or walk along with it.
For more information, please contact Angelia Case, art society sponsor, at (580) 327-8577 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on Mon, October 19, 2009
by Valarie Case filed under