If you prefer to fill out the entry form by hand, please find the Word Document and PDF Version here, otherwise, continue reading the information below and at www.nwosu.edu/nas-art-show and fill out the online entry form at the bottom of this page. More information at Art Show Specification and Category Description here.
Deadline for Entry Forms is Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2017
Important Dates to Remember
- Registration Deadline – Wednesday, Feb. 22 (form sent via mail, campus mail, in person, by e-mail (email@example.com) or via the online form below.
- Art Drop Off Day at Alva Campus Library - Wednesday, March 1, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Only those with permission from Angelia Case will be allowed to bring artwork after March 1.
- Show Opens to Public! – Sunday, March 5.
- Last Day of Campus Show - Friday, March 31 (Pieces will be taken down Saturday, April 1.)
- Non-Placing Artwork must be picked up by 5:30 p.m. Monday, April 3, from the J.W. Martin Library.
- Winners' Show is First Friday Art Walk Runnymede Hotel, 6-8 p.m. - Friday, April 7 * All Winning Pieces Taken Unless Entrant Specifies Differently *
- Winners' Show ends at 8 p.m., and artists may pick up their work at the close of this show.
- Any remaining artwork should be picked up in Fine Arts 211 on Monday, April 10, by 5:30 p.m.
Students, Employees, Alumni and Retirees need to bring their entries to the the J.W. Martin Library. If you live out of town, you may mail (at your own risk) the pieces to Angelia Case, NWOSU, 709 Oklahoma Blvd., Alva, OK 73717. You must provide the postage to return the piece to you, or pick it up. Students/employees at the Enid and Woodward campuses may be able to make arrangements for transport with the campus courier.
Entrants who cannot drop off or pick up their artwork as scheduled must make special arrangements before Wednesday, March 1. If you have any questions or need to make special arrangements, please contact Angelia Case by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 580-327-8577. Only those with permission will be allowed to bring artwork after March 1.
Before entering artwork, entrants need to read and understand contest rules.
Winners' Show: If your entry wins any Award, it is eligible and will be taken to the Winner’s Show in downtown Alva. Entrants must specify if entries should not be taken to this show. The show will be held during the First Friday Art Walk on Friday, April 7.
A reception will be held celebrating the winners and show on this day from 6 - 8 p.m. Please plan to attend. The public is encouraged to attend.
Info you need to know
For installation and identification purposes, all pieces must include the title of the work, category entered and your name in the upper right hand corner on the back side, if possible.
All photography must be matted or mounted and photos must be at least 5”x7”.
No frames allowed on photography.
All other work needs to be matted and/or framed, if framing is possible. Only 3-dimensional work is exempt, and it must be labeled. Special attention should always be paid to the presentation of your art work.
The NWOSU Art Society, and the J.W. Martin Library are not responsible for loss or damage of any artwork. Any work deemed inappropriate by NAS and school standards will not be displayed.