ALCOHOL POISONING IS A MEDICAL EMERGENCY!
Signs and Symptoms:
• Passed out, unconscious or semiconscious
• Slow breathing (breaths of eight or less per minute)
• Cold, clammy, pale, or bluish skin
• Vomiting (can cause choking, asphyxiation and death)
• All the above signs and symptoms will most likely be accompanied by a strong odor of alcohol
Appropriate Action: Get Help
If you encounter a person who exhibits one or more of the signs and symptoms, do what you would do in any medical emergency – Call 911 immediately.
While waiting for emergency medical help, gently turn the intoxicated person on his/her side and maintain that position by placing a pillow in the small of the person’s back. This is important to prevent choking should the person vomit.
Stay with the person until medical help arrives.