STEP 2 - Ranger Band Camp
Band camp is an important and exciting time for the members of the band. It allows us to prepare challenging music and marching drill. The band camp move-in dates are August 12 for drumline, colorguard, and the leadership. Brass and woodwinds move-in on August 14. Food will be provided for the week of band camp and you can move-in early to the dorms if you complete the above form. Here is a short list of things to do before band camp.
1. Scholarships: All members of the band receive a scholarship of up to $2,000 per year. You will automatically receive that scholarship in the fall term if you are a member of the band and maintain a 2.5 GPA. Email or call with any questions.
2. Woodwinds and Brass: If you need a school owned instrument indicate so on the form and one can be provided at no cost. Otherwise bring your instrument as well as valve oil, reeds, a flip folder, and lyre. All of these can be purchased during band camp from a local vender. Be sure to bring your black marching shoes from high school (if you used black marching shoes) as they are a part of the band uniform; if you did not use black marching shoes, or need new ones, they can purchased for $25 online http://www.bandshoesonline.com/marchingshoes.php
3. Colorguard and Drumline: You'll receive an email mid-summer with more information about what you need for band camp. Drumline members, you will need to have a pair of black marching shoes. You may use the same as you did in high school. If you need new ones click here http://www.bandshoesonline.com/marchingshoes.php
4. The band camp fee is $20 and covers all costs associated with being a member of the band for the entire year including uniform dry-cleaning, t-shirts, gloves, and band camp food expenses. Checks should be made payable to "NWOSU" and are due the first day of band camp.
5. Please join our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/2209664180/
6. Marching Band is a class! If you are not registered, I will do so for you after completing the form. It meets MTWR 3:25-4:40 pm. We can work around some scheduling conflicts, so do not let that prevent you from being a member of the Ranger Band.
7. The Northwestern Jazz Ensemble is seeking new members. The class meets Tuesday and Thursday from 2-2:50 PM. There is additional scholarship money available for Jazz Ensemble members. Contact a member of the band or me if interested.
STEP 3 - Welcome to the Ranger Band
I am looking forward to seeing you at band camp. A detailed band camp schedule will be sent out in mid-summer with additional details. Let me know if you have any questions by either calling the band office 580-327-8191 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ride Rangers Ride!
Marc Decker, D.M.A.